Well, last weekend while the "3 witches" (hey, that's what they call themselves, not me) went to the boats in Shreveport, it left Layla and Poppa to a Saturday of watching cartoons. Jeremy and I decided that now that Layla is potty trained and pretty vocal about things she needs, we would take her off Poppa's hands for the afternoon. We picked her up and took her for her first ride in a convertible. This was also her first time to go anywhere without either Mimi or Poppa, so needless to say she was very quiet for awhile after we left. We took her to McDonald's where she had a cheeseburger Happy Meal. From there we went to the
InSync Big Cat Rescue in Wylie, Tx.

While, I was grateful that these tigers were behind two fences, it made getting decent shots of them difficult. I also didn't take my big zoom lens, because we weren't really that far from the animals. I guess that's a lesson learned for a beginner photographer: Take it just in case. Or at least until you know for sure what you'll need to have.

I'm not quite sure there was enough activity for the 2-year-old. But she seemed interested.



We walked around the entire place and when we came back to this guy, he was sitting in the water trough. They sat there for at least 2 minutes just looking at each other.

And this is about how we felt when we left.
We drove back to the apartment and let Layla play with the cats and Sophie. She loves that little dog. At her home, there is a decorative phone in one of those old hallway phone-nooks. She picks up the phone and "calls" Sophie amongst other people. After we rested for a little while, we went swimming at the pool.



We'll do it again in a couple of weeks. I think next time, we'll go to the Dallas Aquarium.
No comments:
Post a Comment