Friday, November 6

New Season, Fresh Update

As per request from Aunt Laurie I am updating my blog. There isn't much to update unfortunately. My classes at Region 10 are going great. I'm on a bit of a break right now. They don't offer courses back to back, so I finished the 2nd tier last week and the next tier doesn't begin until December 1st. There is an online course that will take place between now and then, so I guess I'm just on a face-to-face break. We've been to several car shows between September and now. Laps for Charity was in September and Dallas Mustang Open House was in October. And a not so little event called Cars and Coffee. I'll share some of those pictures. This post has been in the edit phase for about 3 days. For some reason is isn't letting me upload all my photos, so this will be at least a two part post.



Laps for Charity is an event held at Texas Motor Speedway. You pay $30 to drive your car around the track 3 times. We went and picked up the Camaro from the lake and drove it to Garland. From there we drove to TMS. Andrew drove the Camaro around the track. He was a little nervous, considering this was the first time he had actually driven the Camaro. The speedometer got up to 95mph.







The OWNER of TMS, Eddie Gossage, came up to Andrew and offer TMS (yes, the race track) as a trade for the Camaro. I am amazed, that all the events and car shows that Jeremy and I attend, there are hardly any 1969 Camaro Pace Cars. When Poppa bought this one, the guy he bought it from had two, and told Poppa that if he was ever going to sell it, that he had first dibs. However, I think he would have a fight on his hands, if that were to happen now.








Murr C and Poppa rode in the back seat of the Camaro. I think they had a great time.








My cousins, Skotte and Melissa, have joined the Scion world. This is Melissa's Scion TC. She organized a charity car show for St. Jude's at Chili's in Garland. She did a GREAT job!




No comments: