Saturday, March 7

Time Flies...

Well, needless to say 2009 has come! It also came in with a splash! A lot has happened in the first couple of months of this year. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to here. This will be long I'm sure.

We rang in 2009 with great friends. We also helped celebrate a wonderful friend of mine get hitched. Congrats again!

We spent the night at Lauren's parents the night before the wedding. Saturday we woke up without alarms, we casually went to breakfast at Hubbard's in Rowlett. It was great. From there we headed to the church to get ready. Jeremy met my mom and sister at home to ride together to the church and reception. To allow my mom to have a margarita or two, Jeremy drove her and my sister home and I was going to meet him at the apartment. He called me when he got to the apartment and the conversation went something like this:

J: Sophie is out.

S: Well maybe the bathroom door didn't fully shut and the cats pushed it open.

J: But there are wet footprints in the hallway.

S: Well is anything missing or messed up?

J: I don't know, I came back downstairs.

S: Well we can call the Richardson police and they'll enter the apartment and check it out.

Jeremy decided he would call his friend with the police department to see if he was working. About that time, the carpet cleaner guy showed up. Come to find out, the toilet overflowed, YET AGAIN! But this time for about 7 hours. It leaked through the floor to our downstairs neighbor. She called maintenance and they came in the apartment to shut off the water. The carpet guy was there till about 1am. He had to suck out all the water, cut the carpet, pull it back, and remove the padding underneath. The best part: I hadn't gone to the bathroom once I put on my bridesmaid's dress at about 3:30pm. Figuring I would just use the restroom when I got home after the wedding! Sophie was sopping wet, she got a bath and we were in bed by 2am, I think.

The next weekend, for an early birthday present, I went on a 4-day scrapbooking retreat. I got TONS of stuff done!!! Thanks Mom! I had a great time and can't wait till we can go again.

February 7th, another new friend of mine got married to an old friend of mine. Congrats Val and Daniel.


Little did we know that we would get wet again. My mom came over and I helped her with her taxes! WHO KNEW?!?! Okay, I just made a spread sheet. While she was here, we cleaned. She's amazing and cleaned the fireplace! We noticed the washing machine was leaking a little and the "self-adjusting legs" were no longer self adjusting. So we pulled the washer out, tilted it, looked underneath and didn't find a leak. I did fix the legs, so now it doesn't sounds like a rocket ship taking off and I can do laundry whenever without driving my downstairs neighbor lady crazy. I didn't do any more laundry that day or for the next week. That brings us to Saturday, Valentine's Day. The plan (since I always wake up before Jeremy): put together his gift, clean a little, make chocolate covered strawberries, make heart shaped pancakes. Well, since my washer is no longer a rocket ship, I started a load of laundry and went to make the strawberries. Then I hear this noise, it sounds like someone turned on a water hose FULL BLAST! And low-and-behold if water doesn't start flowing from the washer. Now, it would have been real easy if the drain hose had just come out of the wall and I could just put it back and little water would have been lost. NOPE! The drain hose came off at the bottom of the washer. Let me just tell you, water travels fast on tiled floors and in a laundry room with just enough room for the washer and dryer, well its not so easy to pull it from the wall to put it back together. I've been real cautious about doing laundry ever since.

Oh, it is still Valentine's Day! And since I had had a rough morning, Jeremy decided he would take me to breakfast. Well on Valentine's Day where do people go for breakfast, but IHOP! We tried two IHOP's where the wait was 30 minutes. We finally made it to a Denny's. It was 11 o'clock. From there we went to Autorama at Dallas Market Hall. Then I made fajitas for dinner. All in all it was an okay day.

2 weeks later: My Birthday!

I had to work (Oh work! Next paragraph). I got to work, Lisha was decorating the office with banners, posters, and a balloon. She also brought me breakfast from McDonalds. For lunch, my co-workers took me to California Pizza Kitchen. It was great! They also brought over a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Later in the afternoon, they gave me a card and a candy bar. I couldn't ask for better co-workers. After work, my parents took me and Jeremy to dinner. It was a GREAT birthday!!!

Oh, I GOT A JOB!!! A wonderful, amazing, beautiful, intellegent sorority sister of mine called me up and asked if I wanted to come work with her. Of course, after being unemployed and continuously searching and applying for nearly 3 months, I jumped at the offer. Oh, and I guess the fact that I would get to work with her was another added benefit. I couldn't be more blessed to have a job right now.

Well, that's been my life since 2009 has begun. We are looking forward to the rest of the year. We have major plans to purchase a house and take advantage of the First Homebuyer Tax Credit. I'll try to keep this updated more often then every 3 months.

No comments: