Wednesday, March 18

What A Bust

I had great plans for today. I was going to:
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Clean the apartment
  • Do the laundry
  • Give Sophie a bath
  • Go to the Dallas Aboretum and take pictures

That didn't happen. I got up and went to the grocery store. I guess Target opens at 9 (I thought it was 8). Target is really quiet in the mornings. They don't play music, but when there are more than 5 customers in the store, I guess it is pretty loud and I've never noticed that till today. After the grocery store, the plan was to run by Kim's work for 2 seconds, go wash the car and head to the Arboretum. I went to the car wash, the change machine was out of quarters. Boo! Went to Kim's work, dropped off her jacket. By this time it is 10:30. If I were to wash my car, it would then be lunch time and I wasn't about to go take pictures for a couple of hours and be starving. So I called Jeremy, we went to Freebirds. It was GREAT! I love being able to meet him for lunch. Then I headed to my destination! I get to the entrance and it is closed. Police are directing traffic to the Shuttle Location. I get to the parking lot for the shuttle bus, and two (probably 54-seater) charter buses are in the parking lot and nearly 200!! people in line to get on these two buses!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! Even if I waited to get inside the gardens, there would be people all in my pictures. I have this wonderful idea to take black and white pictures of tulips, greenery, the tunnel of pink trees (the name escapes me), the house on the property...and framing them to hang in my house somewhere. Well that and I need the practice. Dumb Spring Breakers and their parents idea for a "stay-cation". Maybe next week. So that being said, no pictures today.

On a side note, Sophie does not like birds chirping in the early morning hours. One chirpped this morning and she hopped up and growled and did her little low bark. It is really strange how protective she is. Jeremy sleep walked to the couch the other night and slept there for a couple of hours. She woke up when he left and then I finally got her to fall back asleep. When he came back to bed, she did the same thing. She didn't know who it was walking back into the bedroom. I guess it is a good thing, she might not be able to physically protect us, but at least she can warn us. She's a good dog. I took her for a walk tonight. Poor dog, some weeks she never sees the outside world. I'm gonna work on that though. Everyone that we pass stops and makes a comment about how cute she is. One lady tonight though, was a little odd. She kept telling her grandsons not to put their hand out there because she might be a dog that will nip you. SERIOUSLY? Don't you think if I thought she was going to nip you I wouldn't allow her to come in contact with you? But that is a good way to teach her grandsons the proper way to meet strange dogs.

Have a great week! Maybe I'll take some pictures this weekend.

No comments: